We all fall off the fitness wagon. Don’t despair, just get back on.
Perhaps you just finished the blessed month of Ramadan, congratulations! Hopefully you had a great month of fasting and were able to reap all the spiritual and physical benefits of fasting for 30 days. Fasting can certainly be difficult on the body, and whether or not you kept active during the day, here is how you can get yourself back on track.
1. Start your day with apple cider vinegar – use organic, raw and unpasteurized! (Bragg’s)
- Boosts your metabolism
- Neutralizes the pH of your body
- Improved digestion
- Improved stamina & energy
- Decreased restless leg syndrome symptoms with increased potassium
- How to drink it: mix 1 tbsp with 6-8 oz of water or apple juice.
2. Ease back into exercise and strength training.
- If you are getting back into running and are easily able to run, then great! Otherwise, consider a run walk strategy given that your endurance may have been compromised.
- Move first thing in the morning. Whether its a quick yoga sequence, 10-15 minutes of jumping jacks, crunches and pushups, or a jog, get moving for 20-30 minutes every day.
3. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day. Add fruit slices or mint leaves to jazz it up if needed.
4. Craving carbs? Choose complex carbs. Add protein.
- Hummus with veggies
- Apple slices with a nut butter
- Fruit smoothie with protein powder
5. Eat lean, clean and green! The days of eating late and ‘whatever you want’ are over, so get back into eating a well-balanced meal! I ate bits of superfood greens throughout Ramadan. Each single calorie tab is loaded with 64% protein!
If you are interested in purchasing a sample of Energy Bits, head over here.